[petsc-users] TSSetMaxSteps gives undefined reference error

Ali Berk Kahraman aliberkkahraman at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 10 07:56:24 CDT 2017

Hello All,

When I try to use TSSetMaxSteps function in my code, the compiler gives
me "undefined reference to TSSetMaxSteps" error. I have petscts.h
included, and my makefile is also operational for ts. Any ideas why this
might be? I use petsc 3.7.3. The code sample is as follows,

         #include <petscts.h>

         .

         .

         .

         .

         TS ts;
         ierr= TSCreate(PETSC_COMM_WORLD,&ts);
         CHKERRQ(ierr);
         ierr= TSSetProblemType(ts,TS_LINEAR);
         CHKERRQ(ierr);
         ierr= TSSetSolution(ts, dummyvec);
         CHKERRQ(ierr);
         ierr= TSSetType(ts,TSRK);
         CHKERRQ(ierr);
         ierr= TSSetTime(ts,time);
         CHKERRQ(ierr);
         ierr= TSSetTimeStep(ts,timestep);
         CHKERRQ(ierr);
         ierr=TSSetExactFinalTime(ts,TS_EXACTFINALTIME_STEPOVER);
         CHKERRQ(ierr);
         ierr=TSSetMaxSteps(ts,maxsteps);CHKERRQ(ierr);
         TSSetRHSFunction(ts,residual,
                          FormRHSFunction,&mycontext);
         ierr= TSSolve(ts,uJi);
         CHKERRQ(ierr);