[petsc-users] TAO setup with modules in Fortran 90

Randy Michael Churchill rchurchi at pppl.gov
Thu Oct 5 16:48:16 CDT 2017

A simple setup question with TAO: if I were to convert the rosenbrock1f.F90
example to use a module instead of common structures, how would I setup the
include statements? I've tried various combinations (using petscXXXdef.h,
petscXXX.h, petscXXX.h90, along with use petscXXX), but seem to get errors
with all.

file:rosenbrock1f.h:
module commondat
      PetscReal    ::    alpha
      PetscInt     ::    n
end module commondat

file:rosenbrock1f.90:
program rosenbrock1f
!!include statements??? which and where???!!!

use commondat

subroutine FormFunctionGradient(tao, X, f, G, dummy, ierr)
     use commondat
     implicit none

(
https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-dev/src/tao/unconstrained/examples/tutorials/rosenbrock1f.F90.html