[petsc-users] Best slepc solvers to compute the eigenvectors corresponding to the m smallest eigenvalues

Frederic Nataf nataf at ann.jussieu.fr
Sun Oct 1 10:41:33 CDT 2017

Hi to everyone,

   I’d like to compute a basis for the vector space of a given dimension m (say m=10) that corresponds to the m smallest eigenvalues. You might as well say I want to compute the eigenvectors corresponding to the m smallest eigenvalues but actually I am only interested in vector space they span. I’d like as well to be able initialize the computation with some approximate guess vector space. My matrix is real symmetric definite positive and of moderate size so that I do not need a parallel version.

 What are the best and most reliable methods to do it.

   Many thanks,

       Frédéric Nataf

—————————————————————————————————————
Frederic Nataf
Laboratoire Jacques Louis Lions, CNRS UMR 7598 Université Pierre et Marie Curie
Equipe Alpines à INRIA-Paris
HPDDM Open source project: https://github.com/hpddm
An Introduction to Domain Decomposition Methods: Algorithms, Theory and Parallel Implementation: http://bookstore.siam.org/ot144/
Coordonnées: 4 place Jussieu
75252 Paris Cedex 05, France
http://www.upmc.fr/fr/universite/campus_et_sites/a_paris_et_en_idf/jussieu.html , bureau 319 Tour 15/25
http://www.ljll.math.upmc.fr/nataf/
Tel: 33 (0)1 44 27 93 03     PORTABLE:    07 60 01 07 96
Fax:33 (0)1 44 27 72 00