[petsc-users] consistence of PETSC/SLEPC with MPI, BLACS, SCALAPACK calls...

Giacomo Mulas giacomo.mulas84 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 06:30:26 CST 2017

On Mon, 27 Nov 2017, Satish Balay wrote:

> These questions are more pertinant to MKL - i.e what interface does
> MKL ilp64 blacs library provide for Cblacs_get() etc..

I don't know if it's more pertinent, but indeed it is pertinent also to MKL.
The pertinence with SLEPC/PETSC is that my code _also_ uses SLEPC/PETSC, and
I run it both on an architecture in which SLEPC/PETSC is compiled against
the ilp64 mkl and on architectures in which SLEPC/PETSC is compiled against
stock standard scalapack/blacs/lapack/blas libs.

> The following url has some info - and some references to ilp64 MPI
> https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-math-kernel-library/topic/474149

thanks for the link.

> [PETSc is not tested with ilp64 MPI]

well, the version of the code that does not yet use scalapack but only slepc
appears to work fine with it.

Bye
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas at oa-cagliari.inaf.it>

INAF - Osservatorio Astronomico di Cagliari
via della scienza 5 - 09047 Selargius (CA)

tel.   +39 070 71180255
mob. : +39 329  6603810