[petsc-users] SNES update solution vector

Bikash Kanungo bikash at umich.edu
Fri Nov 3 17:34:46 CDT 2017

Hi Barry,

So for Newton solvers that would work by explicitly setting the boundary
conditions in my gradient(function) and Jacobian vectors. But in
quasi-Newton solvers where the Jacobian is built from a history of previous
Jacobians and current gradient vector, I can't enforce a new boundary
condition. I can change the current gradient vector appropriately but I
don't see a way handle the the Jacobian.

Thanks,
Bikash