[petsc-users] DMPlex distribution with FVM adjacency

Lawrence Mitchell lawrence.mitchell at imperial.ac.uk
Thu May 25 14:22:15 CDT 2017

> On 25 May 2017, at 20:03, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Hmm, I thought I made adjacency per field. I have to look. That way, no problem with the Stokes example. DG is still weird.

You might, we don't right now.  We just make the topological adjacency that is "large enough", and then make fields on that.

> That seems baroque. So this is just another adjacency pattern. You should be able to easily define it, or if you are a patient person,
> wait for me to do it. Its here
>
> https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/src/01c3230e040078628f5e559992965c1c4b6f473d/src/dm/impls/plex/plexdistribute.c?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default#plexdistribute.c-239
>
> I am more than willing to make this overridable by the user through function composition or another mechanism.

Hmm, that naive thing of just modifying the XXX_Support_Internal to compute with DMPlexGetTransitiveClosure rather than DMPlexGetCone didn't do what I expected, but I don't understand the way this bootstrapping is done very well.

Cheers,

Lawrence