[petsc-users] strange PETSc/KSP GMRES timings for MPI+OMP configuration on KNLs

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 19 12:29:28 CDT 2017

    1000 by 1000 (sparse presumably) is way to small for scaling studies. With sparse matrices you want at least 10-20,000 unknowns per MPI process.

     What is the Number of steps in the table? Is this Krylov iterations? If so that is also problematic because you are comparing two things: parallel work but much more work because many more iterations.

   Barry