[petsc-users] empty split for fieldsplit

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 15 13:38:11 CDT 2017

   Hong,

Please build the attached code with master and run with

petscmpiexec -n 2 ./ex1 -mat_size 40 -block_size 2 -method 2

I think this is a bug in your new MatGetSubMatrix routines. You take the block size of the outer IS and pass it into the inner IS but that inner IS may not support the same block size hence the crash.

   Can you please debug this?

    Thanks