[petsc-users] slepc NHEP error

Kannan, Ramakrishnan kannanr at ornl.gov
Thu Jun 15 10:18:52 CDT 2017

1. I am using the pre-loaded 64-bit petsc in the EOS system at OLCF.
2. The BLAS and LAPACK are the cray wrappers and I don’t give any explicit BLAS/LAPACK.
3. I am association one MPI process for every core. Where and how do I turn threads off?

Do you want me to build a local petsc with 64-bit using their lapack and use my custom built petsc for building the slepc?
--
Regards,
Ramki

On 6/15/17, 10:51 AM, "Jose E. Roman" <jroman at dsic.upv.es> wrote:

    > El 15 jun 2017, a las 16:18, Kannan, Ramakrishnan <kannanr at ornl.gov> escribió:
    >
    > I made the advised changes and rebuilt slepc. I ran and the error still exists. Attached are the error file and the modified source file bvblas.c.

    This is really weird. It seems that at some point the number of columns of the BV object differs by one in different MPI processes. The only explanation I can think of is that a threaded BLAS/LAPACK is giving slightly different results in each process. Which BLAS/LAPACK do you have? Can you run with threads turned off? An alternative would be to configure PETSc with --download-fblaslapack  (or --download-f2cblaslapack)

    Jose