[petsc-users] help me to solve 6-dim PDE with PETSc with advice

Oleksandr Koshkarov olk548 at mail.usask.ca
Sat Jul 29 19:01:24 CDT 2017

Thank you for the response,

Now that you said about additional communication for fft, I want to ask
another question:

What if I disregard FFT and will compute convolution directly, I will
rewrite it as vector-matrix-vector product

x^T A x (where T - is transpose, x - is my state vector, and A is a
matrix which represents convolution and probably it will be not very
sparse).

Yes - I will do more work (alghorithm will be slower), but will I win if
we take the parallelization into account - less communication + probably
more scalable algorithm?

Best regards,

Alex.