[petsc-users] PCASM and restriction operators

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Wed Jul 26 11:17:04 CDT 2017

They are your subdomains, plus some number of levels of overlap (1 by
default).  You can call PCASMGetLocalSubdomains which gives you ISs for
the subdomain, then use it to insert ones into a zeroed global vector.
Plotting that will give you the characteristic function of the
subdomain which you can visualize using whatever tools you like.