[petsc-users] Rectangular matrices turned into square?

Adam Denchfield adenchfi at hawk.iit.edu
Wed Jul 12 14:45:57 CDT 2017

Hi,

I'm using the FEniCS package, which uses DOLFIN/petsc4py (and thus petsc).
If I'm understanding the libraries right, I'm assembling rectangular
matrices and sending them to be solved in a KrylovSolver. However, with
-ksp_view, I'm seeing 2112x2112 matrices, not 1062x2112 matrices. Does
PETSc do conversions like this automatically during preconditioning or
something? Trying to identify if this would be a behaviour on PETSc's part.

Regards,
*Adam Denchfield*
*Peer Career Coach - Career Services*
Illinois Institute of Technology

*Bachelors of Science in Applied Physics (2018)*
Email: adenchfi at hawk.iit.edu
My LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/adamrobertdenchfield> My
ResearchGate Profile <https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Adam_Denchfield>