[petsc-users] make file issues

Gideon Simpson gideon.simpson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 20:38:18 CST 2017

I’ve been trying to use some code that was originally developed under petsc 3.6.x with my new 3.7.5 installation.  I’m having an issue in that the way the code is written, it’s spread across several .c files.  Here are the essential features of the makefile:

all: myprog1

OBJS = functions.o \
	utils.o

include ${PETSC_DIR}/lib/petsc/conf/variables
include ${PETSC_DIR}/lib/petsc/conf/rules

myprog1: prog1.o ${OBJS}
	${CLINKER} -o myprog1 myprog1.o ${OBJS} ${PETSC_LIB}

make all  yields:

make: *** No rule to make target `myprog1.o', needed by `myprog1'.  Stop

-gideon