[petsc-users] PETSc set off-diagonal matrix pre-allocation

Andrew Ho andrewh0 at uw.edu
Wed Feb 15 14:34:54 CST 2017

I'm guessing it's because I'm using an optimized build why I get less error
checking. But regardless, what does the "local" column size mean in terms
of which MPI rank owns what portion of the matrix?

Is that the size of the local diagonal block when specifying the non-zeros
for pre-allocation?

The documentation does not make this part clear at all to me.

--
Andrew Ho