[petsc-users] TS question 1: how to stop explicit methods because they do not use SNES(VI)?

Emil Constantinescu emconsta at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Feb 14 23:59:17 CST 2017

We seem to be needing more than two components and ways to pack them.
Allowing them to be dynamically assigned at run time would be really cool.

We seem to like an API that allows us to specify M and u_t; but would
also like to keep support for f(t,u,u_t)=0.

How about a costly experiment: build an API as discussed below (support
the above) that would map everything to the current one 1xRHS and
1xIFunction to see how it would work? In other words, is there a
scenario in which we could introduce the new but also keep the old and
be reasonable about it? Of concern is whether the new one can be made
friendly enough.

Emil