[petsc-users] Replacement for Euclid ?

Michel Kern michel.kern at inria.fr
Tue Feb 7 07:53:26 CST 2017

Thanks Mat,

according tot he hypre documentation, pilut is "no longer supported by the hypre team", as less efficient than Euclid, so I wouldn't consider an option. I wsa looking for a "natural" upgrade path.

The problems we've looked at for the moment can be up to a few millions cells (that's the size of the pressure block, the saturation block is larger, but should be easier to solve). We're aiming for 10^6 cells, and 10^3 cores.
Yes, direct methods deserve a second look !

Michel

----- Mail original -----