[petsc-users] configure fails with batch+scalapack

Santiago Andres Triana repepo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 17 16:55:38 CST 2017

Thanks for your quick responses!

Attached is the configure.log obtained without using the --with-batch
option. Configures without errors but fails at the 'make test' stage. A
snippet of the output with the error (which I attributed to the job
manager) is:

>   Local host:              hpca-login
>   Registerable memory:     32768 MiB
>   Total memory:            65427 MiB
>
> Your MPI job will continue, but may be behave poorly and/or hang.
3c25
<     0 KSP Residual norm 0.239155
---
>     0 KSP Residual norm 0.235858
6c28
<     0 KSP Residual norm 6.81968e-05
---
>     0 KSP Residual norm 2.30906e-05
9a32,33
> [hpca-login:38557] 1 more process has sent help message
help-mpi-btl-openib.txt / reg mem limit low
> [hpca-login:38557] Set MCA parameter "orte_base_help_aggregate" to 0 to
see all help / error messages
/home/trianas/petsc-3.8.3/src/snes/examples/tutorials
Possible problem with ex19_fieldsplit_fieldsplit_mumps, diffs above
Possible error running Fortran example src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex5f
with 1 MPI process
See http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/faq.html
WARNING: It appears that your OpenFabrics subsystem is configured to only
allow registering part of your physical memory.  This can cause MPI jobs to
run with erratic performance, hang, and/or crash.

This may be caused by your OpenFabrics vendor limiting the amount of
physical memory that can be registered.  You should investigate the
relevant Linux kernel module parameters that control how much physical
memory can be registered, and increase them to allow registering all
physical memory on your machine.

See this Open MPI FAQ item for more information on these Linux kernel module
parameters:

    http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=openfabrics#ib-locked-pages

  Local host:              hpca-login
  Registerable memory:     32768 MiB
  Total memory:            65427 MiB

Your MPI job will continue, but may be behave poorly and/or hang.
Number of SNES iterations =     4
Completed test examples
Now to evaluate the computer systems you plan use - do:
make PETSC_DIR=/home/trianas/petsc-3.8.3 PETSC_ARCH=arch-linux2-c-debug
streams