[petsc-users] Incomplete Cholesky Factorization in petsc

Wenlong Gong wenlonggong at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 21:07:12 CST 2017

Hello,

I'm trying to use the Incomplete Cholesky Factorization for a sparse matrix
in petsc. I started with a 10*10 matrix and used ksp and pc in order to get
the ICC(0) factor, with no fill-in, natural ordering. However, the returned
factor matrix does not match with the answer I got from matlab ichol()
function.

The code with the hard-coded data is attached here. I would appreciate if
anyone could help check if I did anything wrong.Please let me know if there
is easier way to get this incomplete cholesky factor. Thanks!

Best regards,
Wendy