[petsc-users] A number of questions about DMDA with SNES and Quasi-Newton methods

zakaryah . zakaryah at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 00:13:04 CDT 2017

Any clues on what I should test with the debugger?  Just running with
"-snes_type
test -snes_test_display -start_in_debugger noxterm" the debugger reports a
PETSc error:

MatSetValues_SeqAIJ(), Inserting a new nonzero at (7,0) in the matrix

(7,0) is certainly within the allocated space, considering the call to
DMDACreate3d() that I sent before.  I'm suspicious that the -snes_type test
is somehow incompatible with the DMDA, at least without somehow
initializing the Jacobian.