[petsc-users] Petsc ILU PC Change between 3.6.4 and 3.7.x?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 23 12:06:30 CDT 2017

  In complicated scenarios with deep nesting of solvers it is sometimes not possible to set the options for the deeply nested solvers directly from the code with function calls. Thus we recommend using the options database for such cases. Note that one can provide options on the command line, in a file, with calls to PetscOptionsSetValue(), PetscOptionsInsertString(), PetscOptionsInsertFile()