[petsc-users] Petsc ILU PC Change between 3.6.4 and 3.7.x?

Klaij, Christiaan C.Klaij at marin.nl
Wed Aug 23 01:51:31 CDT 2017

Lawrence,

Well, I was looking for something like SubPCFactorSetShiftType,
or is it supposed to somehow "trickle down" to the sub pc's?

Or should I setup the pc, get the sub-pc's and then apply
PCFactorSetShiftType on the sub pc's, something like

CALL KSPSetup(ksp)
CALL PCBJacobiGetSubKSP(ksp, subksp)
CALL KSPGetPC(subksp, subpc, ierr)
CALL PCFactorSetShiftType(subpc,MAT_SHIFT_NONZERO,ierr)

Chris

> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 15:17:58 +0100
> From: Lawrence Mitchell <lawrence.mitchell at imperial.ac.uk>
> To: petsc-users at mcs.anl.gov
> Subject: Re: [petsc-users] Petsc ILU PC Change between 3.6.4 and
>         3.7.x?
>

> On 22/08/17 14:49, Klaij, Christiaan wrote:
> > CALL PetscOptionsSetValue(PETSC_NULL_OBJECT,"-sub_pc_factor_shift_type","nonzero",ierr)
> >
> > since there seems to be no setter function for this (correct me
> > if I'm wrong).
>
> I think you want PCFactorSetShiftType.
>
> Lawrence

dr. ir. Christiaan Klaij  | Senior Researcher | Research & Development
MARIN | T +31 317 49 33 44 | mailto:C.Klaij at marin.nl | http://www.marin.nl

MARIN news: http://www.marin.nl/web/News/News-items/AMT17-October-1113-Glasgow.htm