[petsc-users] Query regarding old PETSC version

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Aug 16 10:22:18 CDT 2017

balay at es^/sandbox/balay/tmp/petsc-2.3.2-p10 $ grep KSPTrueMonitor include/petscksp.h
EXTERN PetscErrorCode PETSCKSP_DLLEXPORT KSPTrueMonitor(KSP,PetscInt,PetscReal,void *);

https://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/documentation/changes/233.html
 The following function names are changed to be consistant:
KSPTrueMonitor -> KSPMonitorTrueResidualNorm

src/ksp/ksp/interface/ftn-custom/zitfuncf.c has:

void  ksptruemonitor_(KSP *ksp,PetscInt *it,PetscReal *norm,void *ctx,PetscErrorCode *ierr)
{
  *ierr = KSPTrueMonitor(*ksp,*it,*norm,ctx);
}

For PETSC_NULL_OBJECT to work - you might have to change it to:

void  ksptruemonitor_(KSP *ksp,PetscInt *it,PetscReal *norm,void *ctx,PetscErrorCode *ierr)
{
  CHKFORTRANNULLOBJECT(ctx);
  *ierr = KSPTrueMonitor(*ksp,*it,*norm,ctx);
}

Satish