[petsc-users] help me to solve 6-dim PDE with PETSc with advice

Oleksandr Koshkarov olk548 at mail.usask.ca
Tue Aug 1 12:50:53 CDT 2017

>   I didn't understand this. This is very wasteful. I have no good solution.
Equations for E and B are linear, moreover I know exactly which time
solver I need - implicit Crank–Nicolson method, which conserves energy
exactly in my case - and I know it works well from the article. So
instead of PETSc TS, I can use SNES and do the time discretization
myself. Therefore inside SNES, I will solve local linear system for
E^{n+1} and B^{n+1} each time.

And each processor will store only one copy of local E^{n} and B^{n}.

It will probably even improve the convergence of overall nonlinear solver.

Does it make sense?

Oleksandr Koshkarov.