[petsc-users] Example for hdf5 output and visualization

Praveen C cpraveen at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 11:57:01 CDT 2016

Dear all

Is there an example  to save hdf5 file on cartesian mesh with time
dependent solution, that I can visualize in VisIt ?

I am able to save in hdf5 and open in VisIt but I cannot get the actual
mesh coordinates or time dependent data.

I have seen a script petsc_gen_xdmf.py but that needs lot of information in
the hdf5 file which I do not know how to create. An example for 2d
Cartesian mesh would be very useful to learn this.

Thanks
praveen