[petsc-users] How to solve the pressure possion equations with four neuman bc

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 08:35:08 CDT 2016

On Sun, Sep 25, 2016 at 4:06 AM, 丁老师 <ztdepyahoo at 163.com> wrote:

> Dear professor:
>      In the ksp example ex50.c, i do not understand the meaning of
> *KSPSolve*
> <http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/KSP/KSPSolve.html#KSPSolve>
> *(ksp,NULL,NULL);*
>
> *     n**MatNullSpaceCreate* <http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Mat/MatNullSpaceCreate.html#MatNullSpaceCreate>*(**PETSC_COMM_WORLD* <http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Sys/PETSC_COMM_WORLD.html#PETSC_COMM_WORLD>*,**PETSC_TRUE* <http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Sys/PETSC_TRUE.html#PETSC_TRUE>*,0,0,&nullspace);  *
>
>        What is the meaning of NULL in the kspsolve. and two "0" in the
> MatNullSpaceCrea
> <http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/Mat/MatNullSpaceCreate.html#MatNullSpaceCreate>
> te.

1) The NULL for KSPSolve() means that

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/KSP/KSPSetComputeOperators.html

http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/docs/manualpages/KSP/KSPSetComputeRHS.html#KSPSetComputeRHS

are used to make the problem.

2) The NullSpace is the space of constant functions with these arguments

  Matt

Regards