[petsc-users] DMPlex problem

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 07:45:54 CDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 23, 2016 at 3:48 AM, Morten Nobel-Jørgensen <mono at dtu.dk> wrote:

> Dear PETSc developers
>
> Any update on this issue regarding DMPlex? Or is there any obvious
> workaround that we are unaware of?

I have fixed this bug. It did not come up in nightly tests because we are
not using MatSetValuesLocal(). Instead we
use MatSetValuesClosure() which translates differently.

Here is the branch

  https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/branch/knepley/fix-dm-ltog-bs

and I have merged it to next. It will go to master in a day or two.

> Also should we additionally register the issue on Bitbucket or is
> reporting the issue on the mailing list enough?

Normally we are faster, but the start of the semester was hard this year.