[petsc-users] Issue updating MUMPS ictnl after failed solve

Hong hzhang at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 19 22:04:22 CDT 2016

David :
I did following:

        PC  pc;
        Mat F;
        ierr = KSPGetPC(ksp,&pc);CHKERRQ(ierr);
        ierr = PCReset(pc);CHKERRQ(ierr);
        ierr = KSPSetOperators(ksp,A,A);CHKERRQ(ierr);
        ierr = PCSetType(pc,PCCHOLESKY);CHKERRQ(ierr);

        ierr = PCFactorSetMatSolverPackage(pc,MATSOLVERMUMPS);CHKERRQ(ierr);
        ierr = PCFactorSetUpMatSolverPackage(pc);CHKERRQ(ierr);
        ierr = PCFactorGetMatrix(pc,&F);CHKERRQ(ierr);
        ierr = MatMumpsSetIcntl(F,14,30);CHKERRQ(ierr);

        ierr = KSPSolve(ksp,b,x);CHKERRQ(ierr);

Then it resolves the matrix equation with ICNTL(14)=30.
Attached is modified petsc/src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials/ex10.c.
Using in with your matrix.dat, I get

mpiexec -n 4 ./ex10 -f0 matrix.dat -rhs 0 -ksp_reason
Number of iterations =   0
KSPConvergedReason: -11
 Reset PC with ICNTL(14)=30 ...
KSPConvergedReason: 2