[petsc-users] How to create a local to global mapping and construct matrix correctly

Ji Zhang gotofd at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 21:00:09 CDT 2016

Thanks for your previous suggestion and the construction from little m to
big M have accomplished.

For a MPI program, a arbitrary matrix is been shorted in different cups
(i.e. 3), and each cup only contain part of then. So I think the matrix
have two kinds of indexes, a local one indicate the location of values at
the corresponding cup, and the global one indicate the location at the
whole matrix. I would like to know the relation between them and find the
way to shift the index from one to another.

I have one more question, the function VecGetArray() only return a pointer
to the local data array. What should I do if I need a pointer to the whole
data array?

Wayne