[petsc-users] Errors in installing PETSc

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 13 14:51:20 CDT 2016

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016, Satish Balay wrote:

> scalapack is getting compiled with this flag '-Df77IsF2C'.  This mode
> was primarily supported by 'g77' previously - which we hardly ever use
> anymore - so this mode is not really tested?

Looks like no one ever tested scalapack with open64 compiler. [as its
internally inconsistant with the double underscore mode: uses
-Df77IsF2C for some part of the code - and -DFortranIsF2C for the
other part]

The following patch works for me. I've added it to petsc-3.7. You can
try patching 3.6 with it and see if it works.

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/commits/3087a8ae6474620b012259e2918d8cbd6a1fd369

Satish