[petsc-users] Using PETSc solvers and preconditioners with mfem

Abdullah Ali Sivas abdullahasivas at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 10:54:13 CDT 2016

Hello,

I want to use PETSc with mfem and I know that mfem people will figure
out a way to do it in few months. But for now as a temporary solution I
just thought of converting hypre PARCSR matrices (that is what mfem uses
as linear solver package) into PETSc MPIAIJ matrices and I have a
semi-working code with some bugs. Also my code is dauntingly slow and
seems like not scaling. I have used /MatHYPRE_IJMatrixCopy /from myhp.c
of PETSc and /hypre_ParCSRMatrixPrintIJ/ from par_csr_matrix.c of hypre
as starting points. Before starting I checked whether there was anything
done similar to this, I could not find anything.

My question is, are you aware of such a conversion code (i.e. something
like /hypre_ParCSRtoPETScMPIAIJ( hypre_ParCSRMatrix *matrix, //Mat *A/)?

Thanks in advance,
Abdullah Ali Sivas