[petsc-users] question

Gideon Simpson gideon.simpson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 15:13:54 CDT 2016

I just mean that if I were working a Newton iteration by hand, i.e.,

x_{n+1} = x_n - J^{-1} F(x_n),

I’d be able to count the number of Newton iterations.  I’m trying to see how that count would relate to the numbers reported by snes_view.  I’m guessing that -snes_monitor is giving a more consistent count of this?

-gideon