[petsc-users] SuperLU_dist issue in 3.7.4

Anton Popov popov at uni-mainz.de
Fri Oct 21 05:36:04 CDT 2016

On 10/19/2016 05:22 PM, Anton Popov wrote:
> I looked at each valgrind-complained item in your email dated Oct.
> 11.  Those reports are really superficial; I don't see anything  wrong
> with those lines (mostly uninitialized variables) singled out.  I did
> a few tests with the latest version in github,  all went fine.
>
> Perhaps you can print your matrix that caused problem, I can run it
> using  your matrix.
>
> Sherry
Hi Sherry,

I finally figured out a minimalistic setup (attached) that reproduces
the problem.

I use petsc-maint:

git clone -b maint https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc.git

and configure it in the debug mode without optimization using the options:

--download-superlu_dist=1 \
--download-superlu_dist-commit=origin/maint \

Compile the test, assuming PETSC_DIR points to the described petsc
installation:

make ex16

Run with:

mpirun -n 2 ./ex16 -f binaryoutput -pc_type lu
-pc_factor_mat_solver_package superlu_dist

Matrix partitioning between the processors will be completely the same
as in our code (hard-coded).

I factorize the same matrix twice with the same PC object. Remarkably it
runs fine for the first time, but fails for the second.

Thank you very much for looking into this problem.

Cheers,
Anton