[petsc-users] Checkpointing-restart

Matthew Knepley knepley at gmail.com
Mon May 23 10:51:11 CDT 2016

On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Pierre-Louis Guhur <pguhur at anl.gov> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to experiment a checkpointing-restart scheme in the context
> of PDEs. It would consist of checkpointing regularly key variables, and
> being able to restart the solver from a certain checkpoint.
>
> Could I do it with a XXXView() and XXXLoad() with used components?
>
> Have any application implemented an higher-level interface?

I do this in SNES ex12. I read the prior solution in using VecLoad()

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/src/dcc3cfc91e7b406f088083f8513c3f773809933c/src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex12.c?at=master&fileviewer=file-view-default#ex12.c-806

I don't do the DMLoad() here because it does not interact well with setting
up the
MG hierarchy, but on a single mesh you could just do that too.