[petsc-users] snes failures

Juha Jaykka juhaj at iki.fi
Fri May 20 09:30:07 CDT 2016

> > It does not. And I should have mentioned earlier, that I tried -snes_mf, -
> > snes_mf_operator, -snes_fd and -snes_fd_color already and none of those
> > converges. Your suggested options result in
>
> For solver questions, I always need to see the result of
>
>   -snes_view -snes_monitor -ksp_converged_reason -ksp_monitor_true_residual
> -snes_converged_reason
>
> Turn on LU for the linear solver so it plays no role.

I'm not sure what you mean by the last sentence, but I ran with -pc_type lu
and the other options you suggested. Output is in
http://paste.debian.net/688191/

I don't see anything wrong in it except it does not converge. :) And it
settles in a weird oscillatory solution (looks almost like a sin()) whereas
the real solution is 4*arctan(exp(x)).

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Juha