[petsc-users] GAMG Indefinite

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 19 13:42:54 CDT 2016

   We see this occasionally, there is nothing in the definition of GAMG that guarantees a positive definite preconditioner even if the operator was positive definite so we don't think this is a bug in the code. We've found using a slightly stronger smoother, like one more smoothing step seems to remove the problem.

   Barry