[petsc-users] Multiblock structured grid

Sebastian Uharek sebastian at prebtec.de
Tue May 17 03:58:10 CDT 2016

Hi,
I have a multi block structured grid, where the individual blocks share information at the boundaries through ghost cells. I would like to solve a poisson equation with PETSc on this grid. My original code updated the ghost cell information after every iteration. At the current stage I’ve treated this ghost cell variables in my PETSc code explicitly, but I don’t know if it’s possible (or a good idea) to update the RHS after every iteration. The alternative would be to deal with the interblock connectivities implicitly, leading to a different matrix structure. Are there any suggestions, what would be the best choice for my problem?

Thanks,
Sebastian