[petsc-users] DMDAGetAO and AODestroy

Miorelli, Federico Federico.Miorelli at CGG.COM
Thu May 12 07:01:30 CDT 2016

Dave,

Thanks for your answer.
For consistency with otehr PETSc routines it would perhaps make sense to create a DMDARestoreAO function?

Regards,
Federico

______ ______ ______
Federico Miorelli

Senior R&D Geophysicist
Subsurface Imaging - General Geophysics Italy

CGG Electromagnetics (Italy) Srl

From: Dave May [mailto:dave.mayhem23 at gmail.com]
Sent: giovedì 12 maggio 2016 13:03
To: Miorelli, Federico
Cc: petsc-users at mcs.anl.gov
Subject: Re: [petsc-users] DMDAGetAO and AODestroy

On 12 May 2016 at 11:36, Miorelli, Federico <Federico.Miorelli at cgg.com<mailto:Federico.Miorelli at cgg.com>> wrote:
In one of my subroutines I'm calling DMDAGetAO to get the application ordering from a DM structure.
After using it I was calling AODestroy.

Everything worked fine until I called the subroutine for the second time, when the program crashed.
Removing the call to AODestroy solved the crash.

Am I supposed to AODestroy the output of DMDAGetAO or not? I was worried that DMDAGetAO would allocate memory that I need to release.

You are not supposed to call AODestroy() on the AO returned.
The pointer being returned is used internally by the DMDA.
Thanks
  Dave

Thanks,

Federico

Federico Miorelli

Senior R&D Geophysicist
Subsurface Imaging - General Geophysics Italy

CGG Electromagnetics (Italy) Srl
This email and any accompanying attachments are confidential. If you received this email by mistake, please delete
it from your system. Any review, disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the email by others is strictly prohibited.