[petsc-users] "Petsc has generated inconsistent data" during EPSSolve

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Mon May 9 11:33:23 CDT 2016

> El 9 may 2016, a las 18:27, Jonatan Midtgaard <jonatan.midtgaard at gmail.com> escribió:
>
> I am on Mac OS X, so I am using the Homebrew version, SLEPc 3.6.2. PETSc is 3.6.3.
> The options for the CISS have worked before, with simpler matrices. As for the options, I am using an ‘ellipse’ region (around 0, with radius=0.16 and vscale=0.5), the problem type is EPS_HEP. For the EPS settings, I set the tolerance to 1e-10 and maxit=200.
>
> - Jonatan

It is better that you try this with slepc-3.7 (to be released in a few days) or with the master branch. It may be more robust than 3.6. Also, for difficult problems you may want to tune some parameters - they are documented here: http://slepc.upv.es/documentation/reports/str11.pdf
Alternatively, send the matrix to my personal email and I will give it a try.

Jose