[petsc-users] Structured Finite Difference Method With Periodic BC Help

Paul Stephen Urbanczyk gomer at stanford.edu
Sat May 7 19:58:10 CDT 2016

Hi Barry and Jed,

Thank you for responding. I greatly appreciate it. I'm still wrapping my head around the periodic BC case.

In the meantime, putting the periodic BC case aside, I'm wondering how best to set ghost points outside the computational domain, generally (for example if i need to set values for other types of BCs like inflow/outflow/wall/sponge/etc)?

In my earlier experiments, scattering the global vector to local vectors, setting the ghost point values using a local array reference to the local vectors, and then scattering the local vectors back to the global vectors didn't seem to work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul