[petsc-users] Parallel to sequential matrix scatter for PARDISO

Matthew Overholt overholt at capesim.com
Mon May 2 16:00:28 CDT 2016

Petsc-users,

I want to use PARDISO for a KSPPREONLY solution in a parallel context.  I
understand that my FEA stiffness matrix for KSP (PARDISO) needs to be of
type MATSEQAIJ (according to MATSOLVERMKL_PARDISO), but I would like to
assemble this matrix in parallel (MATSBAIJ) and then collect it on root as a
sequential matrix for calling KSP/PARDISO.  For vectors there is
VecScatterCreateToZero() but I can't find the equivalent for matrices.  I
can avoid the parallel matrix stiffness altogether and use 3 vectors
instead, but I'm wondering if that is my best option.

What is the recommended practice for using PARDISO in a parallel context?
The only examples I've found so far are sequential.

Thanks in advance,

Matt Overholt

---