[petsc-users] DMDACreateSection

Åsmund Ervik asmund.ervik at ntnu.no
Mon May 2 01:55:29 CDT 2016

Hi all,

On 27. april 2016 10:21, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:

> I will also note that I think this is correct for the future as well since
> the DMForest implementation (the
> wrapper Toby Isaac wrote for p4est) uses PetscSection as well, is memory
> efficient, and does structured
> AMR. I am switching everything I had on DMDA to use this. If you want help
> in this direction, of course
> I am at your service. I am currently getting my magma dynamics code to work
> in this way.

Pardon me for intruding, but this DMForest looks very interesting if it
can get me structured AMR for "cheap". Questions:

Will DMForest provide a more-or-less drop in replacement for usual DMDA
for a finite difference/volume code? Does it do this already, or is it
planned to?

By the way, I see web rendering for my simple'n'stupid DMDA example is
broken with 3.7.0 (and it's not linked to from the DM examples page):
http://www.mcs.anl.gov/petsc/petsc-current/src/dm/examples/tutorials/ex13f90.F90.html

Best regards,
Åsmund