[petsc-users] Solving generalized eigenvalue problem effeciently

Hassan Md Mahmudulla mhassan at miners.utep.edu
Thu Jun 30 14:00:48 CDT 2016

Hi,

I have been trying to solve Generalized eigenvalue problem where the matrix is symmetric and of size around 10,000-20,000. I have been using default solver in PETSc. But compared to ScaLAPACK, I am having really bad performance in terms of execution time even though I am requesting only 10% eigenvalues of the spectrum. I am a new user of PETSc. So, I really don't have a clear idea on how to use it efficiently. I will appreciate if anybody can please give me an idea to use PETSc effectively so that I can get a much better performance than ScaLAPACK.

Thanks

M Hassan