[petsc-users] Performance of mumps vs. Intel Pardiso

Faraz Hussain faraz_hussain at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 11:07:47 CDT 2016

I reviewed the code for how the matrix is being solved in Intel Paridso. It seems the matrix is getting reordered and sorted before calling Pardiso. I am not sure the reason for this. I know I need to ask the original developer of the application, but they are no longer responding.

Is there something I am misunderstanding about how matrix's need to be re-ordered? I am assuming the metis or scotch algorithm does the reordering for me when using Mumps? Or am I supposed to reorder/sort it myself before calling Mumps?