[petsc-users] Performance of mumps vs. Intel Pardiso

Faraz Hussain faraz_hussain at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 28 13:49:37 CDT 2016

>> Faraz :The results look reasonable
>> to me. I guess you collect strong speedup, i.e., fixed
>> problem size while increasing cpus. How large is your
>> matrix?

My matrix is 3million^2 with max 1000 non-zeroes per line

>> How do you run  Pardiso with 24 cpus?

Pardiso supports multi-thread, so I just do export OMP_NUM_THREADS=24 to use all available cpus . When running Petsc/Mumps I have to do export OMP_NUM_THREADS=1, otherwise I get very weird cpu utilization. Perhaps that has something to do with the speed difference?