[petsc-users] da_overlap vs width in dmdacreate

Xiangdong epscodes at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 19:18:49 CDT 2016

Maybe my previous email is not clear. What is the relationship between the
parameter x in DMDASetOverlap and the parameter s in DMDACreate2d? Does x
need to be smaller than s? Are they completely independent?

PetscErrorCode  DMDASetOverlap(DM da,PetscInt x,PetscInt y,PetscInt z)

PetscErrorCode  DMDACreate2d(MPI_Comm comm,DMBoundaryType bx,DMBoundaryType
by,DMDAStencilType stencil_type, PetscInt M,PetscInt N,PetscInt m,PetscInt
n,PetscInt dof,PetscInt s,const PetscInt lx[],const PetscInt ly[],DM *da)

Thanks.

Xiangdong