[petsc-users] MatPermute for MPIBAIJ matrix Error

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Sun Jun 19 22:33:07 CDT 2016

Rongliang Chen <rl.chen at siat.ac.cn> writes:

> Many thanks for your suggestions. We are using a parallel SOR as the
> local solver and in the SOR, we want to ignore the nonzeros not on this
> thread, but we hope to keep the nonzeros as much as possible, so reduce
> the bandwidth is a possible way to keep the nonzeros.

Clearly you're asking for a partitioner.  But a low-bandwidth ordering
makes a really crappy partitioner (it's asymptotically like a 1D
partition).  If you want a partitioner, I recommend using a partitioner.
And, as Barry said, do the partitioning on your mesh instead of
redistributing after assembling a matrix.