[petsc-users] Round-off / Machine Zero with MatMult

Paul Urbanczyk gomer at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 17 19:05:37 CDT 2016

Sure... I understand that floating point calculations will not always
yield exact zero for a number of reasons.

The question I have is why some of the results are exactly zero and
others are not. I.e. why aren't the numbers all the same? What is
different about the calculation in rows 0, 1, 8, and 9 from the other
rows (2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)?

Thanks,

Paul