[petsc-users] How to refine the Vertex Sets in DMPlex

Rongliang Chen rl.chen at siat.ac.cn
Tue Jun 7 04:09:06 CDT 2016

Dear All,

I am using the DMRefine_Plex to refine a mesh. In the coarse mesh, it
has a label "Vertex Sets" to mark the boundary nodes. I found that the
DMRefine_Plex did not refine this label.

For example, in the coarse mesh, there are 100 nodes on the boundary,
that is the number of nodes in the label is 100. In the refined mesh
(uniformly refined), the number of nodes in the label should be larger
than 100, but I found that this number is still 100, which means the
newly added nodes on the boundary were not added to the label.

But I need a refined label to set the boundary conditions. Anyone can
tell me how to get a refined Vertex Sets label?

Best regards,
Rongliang