[petsc-users] MUMPS error reporting in PETSc-3.7

David Knezevic david.knezevic at akselos.com
Sun Jun 5 12:12:35 CDT 2016

In PETSc-3.6, when I hit an error using the MUMPS solver, I would get an
error like this:

[0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message
[0]PETSC ERROR: Error in external library
[0]PETSC ERROR: Error reported by MUMPS in numerical factorization phase:
INFO(1)=-9, INFO(2)=351513

In PETSc-3.7, the solver now reports "KSP_DIVERGED_PCSETUP_FAILED" instead.
The new behavior is definitely better, so thanks for the update! However,
I'd still be curious to be able to see what error codes MUMPS returned
(which was previously provided in INFO(1) and INFO(2)), since that can be
helpful for diagnosing the reason for the solver failure. Is that info
still available somehow?

Thanks,
David