[petsc-users] TSSetExactFinalTime Behavior Without TSAdapt

Paul Urbanczyk gomer at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 3 10:23:31 CDT 2016

Hello,

I recently upgraded to the latest version of PETSc (3.7.1) from the git
repository.

Running my code gave me an error message about TSSolve being in the
wrong state and needing to call TSSetExactFinalTime.

I added this function call with TS_EXACTFINALTIME_STEPOVER, but when I
re-ran my code, I got a seg fault and error messages pointing to
TSAdaptChoose.

After fiddling around for a while, I found that I now needed to
explicitly set the time step adaptation through TSAdaptSetType.

Can anyone confirm that this is so? If so, it might be helpful to note
that in documentation or error messages somewhere.

Thanks,

Paul